John Ball Zoo and Grand Rapids Public Museum Millage
We are thrilled to share the news that the proposed millage on the Nov 8, 2016 ballot has passed, ensuring a stable source of funding for the next 10 years that will help achieve financial sustainability at the GRPM and the John Ball Zoo. It is evident that our community believes in our mission, vision and purpose. You can expect to see improvements and benefits to Kent County residents roll out in 2017. We still need your support and help as we move into this exciting future!
Funds raised from the 2016 millage will go toward creating a stable source of funding for the GRPM and the John Ball Zoo, ensuring that essential maintenance and facility repairs can take place. It will also provide quality care for the 1,600 animals and 250,000 unique artifacts at the Zoo and Museum and update and expand cutting-edge education programming and exhibits so all Kent County residents can enjoy them for years to come.
GRPM Kent County Millage Benefits
Now in effect!
- Reduced admission for Kent County residents – $5 for adults and $3 for seniors
- FREE admission for Kent County children (17 and under)
- Free parking to Kent County residents with the purchase of Museum admission
- A photo ID with an address will be required to take advantage of the benefits (For school groups and children: parent/guardian/teacher ID)
Facts about the Millage
- This proposal created a dedicated source of funding for these publicly owned institutions.
- This is a 10-year, .44 millage that starts in 2016 and ends in 2025.
- All millage dollars will be split equally between both institutions and go through an independent financial audit every year.
Learn more about at www.yeszoomuseum.com.