Students! Work with GRPM staff to learn and gain experience in the museum field.
“My internship at GRPM offered me the opportunity to learn a variety of new things while also giving me freedom to show my strengths through independent work. I feel confident that the knowledge I gained during the internship has greatly increased my ability to be successful in my future career.” – Emma LaMore, 2013 Summer Intern, Marketing/PR.
The GRPM accepts interns in the following departments: Collections, Marketing/PR, Hospitality, Education, Exhibits, Development and Collections Photography
- Learn about our mission, collections, and organizational systems
- Gain practical and theoretical training in museum work
- Contemplate the role of museums in contemporary society
- Work closely with a member of the GRPM staff
- Network with other interns at the GRPM and other local cultural organizations
The Fine Print
- Internships are unpaid.
- In selecting and placing applicants, preference is given to matching the opportunities currently available at the museum with the choices identified by the applicant. Additionally, the completed application (cover letter, resume, application form, letter of recommendation and academic standing) is considered during the selection process.
- Course Credit: Students wishing to gain college credit for internships must provide appropriate paperwork to Museum staff in accordance with their school’s policy.
- Interns are required to follow Museum policies and procedures outlined in the Internship Program Handbook.
- A background check, interview and orientation are required for all positions.
- Internship applications are accepted for Spring, Summer and Fall academic terms.
- Must apply by November 15 for Spring internships, by March 15 for Summer internship and by July 15 for Fall internships.
- Applicants will be notified if additional information is required and if they have been selected for an interview by the following dates: Dec. 1 for Spring Semester, April 1 for Summer Semester, and Aug. 1 for Fall Semester.
To apply for an internship position at GRPM please fill out the below form.
Questions or supplemental documentation may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org