Mindbender Mansion opens Saturday, May 27!
Test your brain power and problem solving skills like never before!
Enter the wonderfully puzzling world of Mindbender Mansion, an eclectic place full of brainteasers and interactive challenges guaranteed to test the brain power and problem solving skills of even the most experienced puzzlers. Visitors to this fun and quirky mansion are invited to join the Mindbender Society by gathering hidden clues and secret passwords scattered throughout the various thematic rooms of the house. The clues and passwords are revealed by solving select brainteasers and group challenges.
Join the GRPM for members only preview of Mindbender Mansion on Thursday, May 25 from 5 – 8 p.m. Light snacks provided by Applebee’s.
Master each of the 40 individual brainteasers and the five large-scale group activities. In order to solve these puzzles, visitors must identify patterns, think ahead, use logical reasoning, and look at the problems from different perspectives, setting aside preconceived ideas.
The essential scientific tasks of problem solving and critical thinking are at the heart of Mindbender Mansion. Explore the neuroscience principles at work in each challenge, and polish your communication, collaboration, leadership, and teamwork skills as you manipulate a tilt table, form patterns in rolling chairs, keep up with a conveyor belt, maneuver a flying machine, and more.
Mindbender Mansion is:
- So incredibly engaging and hands-on for everyone that it’s fun for families of all ages and generations. Grandparents, parents and children of all ages learn from each other as they work together to solve the various brainteasers and group challenges.
- A perfect exhibit for school groups as it provides teachers with an opportunity to engage their students in inventive, out-of-the classroom problem solving that requires mathematics, builds on prior knowledge, inspires teamwork and demands creativity. Mindbender Mansion is especially popular with middle and high school-aged groups.
- Ideal for supplemental programming, promotions, and marketing activities such as a Brainteaser Contest, Mensa Testing Day, and Game Days (Scrabble®, Crossword Puzzles, Sudoku, Rubik’s Cube, and Spelling Bee competitions).
- Just the right thing for breaking the ice at evening events and corporate parties as adults enjoy being a kid again and getting to know each other by playing and collaborating in the team-building activities inherent in the exhibit.
- Helpful in driving repeat attendance and increasing membership as visitors get so caught up in solving the brainteasers and group challenges that they typically spend an average of 2-3 hours in Mindbender Mansion and frequently come back.
Admission is $10 for adults, $5 for children, $7 for Kent County resident adults, $2 for Kent County resident children, and FREE to Museum members!
Mindbender Mansion opens May 27th and runs through September 3.
THE WALL OF FAME
Now it’s time for visitors to see if they are eligible to become a member of the Mindbender Society and possibly add their portrait to the “Mindbender Society Wall of Fame.” Several framed portraits of esteemed members of the Mindbender Society decorate this area and there is room for new members too!
To join, visitors must enter at least three passwords they have gathered from the four rooms of the mansion into the final vault at the Wall of Fame. If they are successful, they are officially an expert problem-solver and invited into the Society! If they are not successful, visitors are told to keep trying and check out the areas of the mansion that provide the clues and passwords.
If a visitor is invited to join the Mindbender Society, they will have their picture taken and print out their official Mindbender Society certificate with their personalized portrait and take it home. In addition, their portrait will go up on the Wall of Fame for all to see, in one of the four monitors available to highlight the newest members of the Mindbender Society!
Mindbender Mansion is produced and toured by the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, Portland, Oregon.
This exhibit is brought to you by the citizens of Kent County and the voter approved 2016 millage.
Support for Mindbender Mansion is provided by: