Museum members receive FREE general admission, FREE planetarium shows and FREE or reduced admission to special exhibits.
ADDITIONAL MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- FREE carousel rides
- 2 FREE parking vouchers
- 10% discount in the Curiosity Shop and Museum Cafe
- Discounts on Camp Curious and Mighty Wurlitzer organ performances
- Invitations to exclusive member events
- Advanced & discounted ticketing for Museum events including Front Row for the Fireworks and Night at Your Museum
- FREE admission to the Veen Observatory
- Travel Passport Program with ASTC Member Institutions – which includes free general admission to over 340 other museums nationwide! *Museums within 90 miles not included, please see below for more details.
Memberships are good for one year from the date of purchase and are tax deductible.
*If purchasing a membership as a gift, please note that cards take 2-3 weeks to process. Gift memberships purchased at the Museum’s front desk will receive a temporary gift membership card.
Become a member or renew today! Click the box below for the type of membership you would like.
The following ASTC museums fall within 90 miles (as the crow flies) of the Grand Rapids Public Museum and therefore are excluded from the ASTC reciprocal program. They are: Alden B. Dow Museum of Science & Art – Midland, MI, Kingman Museum – Battle Creek, MI, Air Zoo – Portage, MI and USS Silversides Submarine Museum – Muskegon, MI. Please note that although Impression 5 Science Center in Lansing is within the 90 mile radius, they are included in the reciprocal program through a separate agreement.
*Memberships are not applicable for group booking discounts.
Our family cannot say enough about our love for the Grand Rapids Public Museum and the value of purchasing an annual family membership. Our membership status has created an easy and affordable option for family outings, allowing us to spend hours exploring on the weekends, or the ease of visiting for an hour or two on a Tuesday evening. Every exhibit is designed to be enjoyed by every generation; we have yet to experience an exhibit, from the remarkable special exhibits and events, to the permanent favorites, that do not offer something that appeals to each member of our family. Our membership even goes on vacation with us thanks to the reciprocity agreement, providing us free admission to museums around the country. The Grand Rapids Public Museum supports our interest in exploring, learning and building memories as a family. -Annukka & Jeff Thelen