Immerse provides a completely immersive, week-long learning experience for students in schools from the West Michigan region. The experience is crafted and led by the visiting teachers, leveraging the interpretive exhibition spaces, Museum artifacts, and various Museum programs. Immerse is intended to help students jump start their development as problem solvers, innovators, storytellers, and empathetic contributors who value diversity.
The 5 day Immerse program includes:
- Admission to the Museum for 5 days, with access to all exhibits and add-on experiences that are included with general admission
- Dedicated classroom space and materials
- Individualized planning with Museum Education staff to select guided education programs and planetarium shows/live presentations that will address classroom goals and objectives
- Access to any number of 10 available artifact/specimen discovery kits and related supplementary materials
- GRPM Immerse t-shirt
- Free admission to the Museum for students and families to attend the program’s culminating showcase – Immerse Family Night
The 2019/2020 Immerse application is now closed.
A week at the museum offered students an authentic and engaging learning experience. Students were eager, active participants and had so much fun they almost forgot they were at school.
– Kelly Wegenka, CA Frost (GRPS) 5th grade parent.
We had a great week! We had a lot of connections to things we are learning at school and things to reflect on when we return to school! I loved all of the museum programs but especially the CARC tour and STEAM: Watershed Decision Making. These activities have a lot of good content but also develop skills that students can use throughout life.
– Jeremy Kamper, 7th grade teacher, West Side Christian
I love combining what we are learning in our curriculum with what is at the museum. I really enjoy the fact that every year at Immerse gives us a new opportunity to be creative.
– Amanda Surdenik, 4th grade teacher, Ada Vista Elementary
I learned that history is not just in a book or in a movie, but history is influencing your life and how you live. My favorite parts of Immerse were going to the planetarium, going to the TOYS! exhibit, and spending time exploring the museum with my friends. I really enjoyed coming to this museum and I wish to come back.
– Yamiles, 5th grade student, Stocking Elementary
Immerse in the Media
Immerse Teacher Resources