General admission tickets get you into the Museum to explore our exhibits featuring science, history and culture across the 3 floors. All exhibits are included with general admission.
GRPM members are FREE general admission.
Seniors$10Ages 62 and older
Students$5With valid student ID
Children$5Ages 3-17; ages 2 and under are free
Kent County Residents
Seniors$8Ages 62 and older
Students$5With valid student ID
ChildrenFREEAges 17 and under
These experiences require an additional ticket added to general admission.
1928 Spillman Carousel
Now open! Enjoy riding the historic 1928 Spillman Carousel as part of the Museum’s normal operations. Carousel rides will be free for all visitors with the purchase of a general admission ticket. Tickets must be reserved in advance.
Know Before You Go: Capacity limited for Carousel rides. The 1928 Spillman Carousel is in the process of being renovated, this renovation requires monitoring. The GRPM has limited capacity on this historic ride until renovation is complete to ensure guest safety and proper weight limit monitoring while we update this artifact.
Chaffee Planetarium Shows (per program)
Accessibility note: The Planetarium is equipped with a hearing loop for increased accessibility! The hearing loop can be used by connecting to a personal hearing device utilizing the T-coil system. Additionally 2 loop receivers with headphones are available upon request.
With general admission$4
Host A Birthday Party at the Museum
Birthday parties can be booked online for ease! Birthday party room rentals are available on Saturdays or Sundays for a 4 hour timeblock for up to 20 people. General admission must be purchased for all guests in addition to the birthday party rental.
Birthday Party Room Rental$200
Reserving a Birthday Party at the Museum includes:
- Room rental for 4 hours during Museum Hours 10:30 a.m, – 2:30 p.m. (20 person capacity)
- A GRPM Event Coordinator to direct you to your space and answer questions.
- The ability to bring in outside food provided by a commercial kitchen and non-alcoholic beverages
- General admission, additional exhibits and experiences including Chaffee Planetarium shows and Carousel rides tickets are sold separately than the room rental. General admission tickets are required for all guests in your party, while additional add-on tickets can be bought per person. Ticket sales are recommended in advance of your party date, as the Museum cannot guarantee ticket availability.
- The use of the following items are prohibited: glitter, helium balloons, confetti, live animals, open flame candles
Birthday Party rentals are non-refundable within a two week window of the date of your booking.
Kent County Discounted Admission
As a thank you to Kent County for passing a millage to support the GRPM, the Museum offers the following benefits to Kent County residents. A photo ID with an address will be required to take advantage of the benefits (for school groups and children: parent/guardian/teacher ID)
- Reduced general admission for Kent County residents
- Free admission for Kent County children ages 17 and younger
- Free parking to Kent County residents with the purchase of Museum admission
Blue Star Museums
The GRPM participates in Blue Star Museums each summer.
Through this initiative, the GRPM will offer free admission to currently serving U.S. military personnel and their families this summer from May 21 through Labor Day, September 5.
The free admission program is available for those currently serving in the United States Military — Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard as well as members of the Reserves, National Guard, U.S. Public Health Commissioned Corps, NOAA Commissioned Corps and up to five family members.
Qualified members must show:
- Geneva Convention common access card (CAC)
- DD Form 1173 ID card (dependent ID),
- or a DD Form 1173-1 ID card for entrance into a participating Blue Star Museum.
Free general admission to the GRPM through the Blue Star Museum initiative includes three floors of exhibits as well as complimentary rides on the 1928 Spillman Carousel (guests must register for a time slot). Shows in the Chaffee Planetarium can be added on with an additional ticket.
- Museums For All program supports those receiving food assistance (SNAP) benefits to visit for $2 per person, up to four people, with the presentation of a SNAP Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card
- FREE general admission with American Alliance of Museums (AAM) membership card
- FREE general admission for GRCC college students & faculty by showing college ID
- FREE general admission for ASTC (Association of Science and Technology Centers) members with a membership card; other rules may apply. ASTC policy states that science centers and museums located within 90 miles of each other are excluded from the reciprocal program.
- $1 off for active or retired military with ID
- $1 off for AAA members with membership card
- $1 off for GR Conventioneers by showing your convention/conference badge
- $1 off for teachers with school ID; teachers signed up for the Museum’s Teacher Club receive free general admission while field trip planning.
We are a participating Culture Pass GR Museum!
General Admission and Planetarium tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. Tickets can be rescheduled only if contacted before or on date of visit; with the exception of the last day of a temporary exhibit where no refunds will be issued. Receipt or email address used to purchase tickets is required to be issued a refund; without email address or receipt no refund will be given.
Program and Event tickets are non-refundable and cannot be rescheduled. Most tickets are transferable, subject to the event; To transfer or gift your tickets to another person, simply give them your eTicket link or your printed ticket(s.) Please note that tickets may be used only once; ticket-holders should exercise caution when sharing their eTicket link. The GRPM is not responsible for any mishandling of eTickets that results in an attendee being unable to redeem their ticket(s). Tickets sold or issued by the GRPM may not be resold or traded for more than the face value of the ticket. The GRPM reserves the right to revoke or refuse to honor tickets that have been resold for more than their face value.
Camp Curious: The GRPM may cancel camp with insufficient enrollment or for any emergency reason; registrants will be notified and given a full refund. There are no refunds after the start of class. Campers are not enrolled until complete payment is received. The GRPM will not prorate or offer make-up days for student absences. If campers need to cancel their registration, the Museum will provide a full refund if it is two weeks or more before the start of the Camp session. The Museum will offer a 50% refund on cancellations one week prior to a scheduled Camp date. No refunds will be given for cancellations less than one week prior to the Camp’s start date.