Adult & Senior
A group visit to the Grand Rapids Public Museum is a great way to learn about the history, science and culture of the city of Grand Rapids. The Museum is conveniently located downtown on the bank of the Grand River. With fascinating exhibits on three floors, the Museum offers a unique and entertaining experience for group visits and tours! A convenient drop off location for motor coaches is available at the main entrance, under cover from the weather and an elevator inside ensures access for everyone.
Pricing discounts and add-on experiences, such as guided tours or group catering, are available with a minimum group size of 20 individuals.
Admission - Adult$10 per person
Kent County Admission - Adult$8 per person
Senior Admission$8 per person
Kent County Admission - Senior$6 per person
Planetarium-only Visit$6 per person
Onsite Guided Tours$125 per program
Facilitated Virtual Programs$125 per program
Planetarium Show$5 per person
Private Room RentalQuote available upon request
Group CateringQuote available upon request
Fee for Museum Staff Development of Custom Program$75 per hour
- Groups receive 1 complimentary group leader
- Payment for group sales is due 1 week prior to visit. Groups will be billed based on final group numbers at that time. All group members must be on the group reservation and invoice. If the group numbers decrease within that 1 week period or on the day of the visit, the GRPM is not able to issue a refund.
- Memberships are not applicable for group visits
- Please note that a full refund will be given if the visit is canceled 48 hours prior to the visit.
- No refund will be given for cancellations within 48 hours of the visit.
- Exceptions include emergency weather closures.
For additional questions, contact Group Scheduling at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616.929.1734.
Frequently Asked Questions for Group Visits
- What is included in a field trip to the Museum?
- With a GRPM field trip, groups can explore 3 floors of engaging exhibits at their own pace with a self-guided format.
- What kind of exhibits do you have?
- Local and global stories connected to science, history and culture. Click here to learn about current and future exhibits.
- Do you have a map?
- Yes, view this interactive map of each floor – Click here to the Map
- The GRPM is committed to making our Collections, buildings, programs and events accessible to all audiences, and look forward to welcoming you to our space soon! Click here to read about what you can expect.
Guided Programs Available for Adult Groups
GRPM Building Tour
Tour the Museum with a knowledgeable guide who will point out highlights and facilitate group discussion. Tour can be tailored for groups with specific areas of interest. Offered year-round for adults, the tour lasts 75 minutes.
Behind the Scenes Archives Tour
This peek behind the curtain gives a glimpse at how the Museum manages, stores, catalogs and preserves the Collections at the Community Archives and Research Center. This facility houses approximately 240,000 artifacts and specimens and is not open to the general public.
*The Museum’s Collections are stored in a separate location at the Community Archives and Research. There is a maximum group size of 20 people for an Archives Tour. Walking, bussing or carpooling is best since the parking accommodations are limited.
Roger B. Chaffee Planetarium Presentations
Visit the galaxy from the most comfortable seat in the house.
Relax and recline to experience the incredible forces of our universe as you visit the galaxy, constellations, far away planets and much more! All of the Chaffee Planetarium shows feature the latest Digistar projection technology and immersive surround sound for an unbelievably rich and realistic experience.
The GRPM is excited to offer Facilitated Virtual Programs! Interactive programs are presented via Zoom. Programs run 45 minutes and are $100 per session. The GRPM’s Group Scheduling Office will work with you to select a program topic at a time that fits your needs.