This year, because of generous donations from community foundations, all accepted classrooms will receive a $1,600 award toward the $2,100 program fee. Your cost for the program will be $500.
Applications are due Friday, April 19, 2019.
The 5 day Immerse program includes:
- Admission to the Museum for 5 days, with access to all exhibits and add-on experiences that are included with general admission
- Dedicated classroom space and materials
- Individualized planning with Museum Education staff to select from a wide range of guided education programs and planetarium shows/live presentations that will address classroom goals and objectives
- Access to any number of 10 available artifact/specimen discovery kits and related supplementary materials
- Carousel rides
- GRPM Immerse t-shirt (teachers and students)
- Free admission to the Museum for students and families to attend Immerse Family Night in May 2020. At this event, students are asked to share what they have learned during their week at the Museum with their family and community members. Participation in this event is required for all accepted teachers.
Orientation and preparation for teachers includes:
- Immerse Program Orientation (Mandatory)
- Wednesday, June 19, 2019
- This orientation will cover the logistics of Immerse, including descriptions of available educational programs. Education Department staff will explain programming options in more depth and provide training on utilizing the Museum to its full potential. Resources will be provided to assist teachers in planning for their week.
- Individualized Planning Session with GRPM Learning Specialist (Mandatory)
- 1-3 hour sessions will be offered on weekdays throughout summer 2019
- Teachers from the same school are encouraged to attend as a group
NOTE: All accepted applicants must be present and complete the full day program orientation and attend an individualized planning session to be accepted into the program.
Questions can be directed to Erin Koren at firstname.lastname@example.org