Each teacher intending to participate in Immerse must submit their own application for their class. The maximum class size is 32 students.
This year, because of generous donations from community foundations, the program cost for each class will be $500.
Applications are due Monday, April 20, 2020. Acceptance decisions will be communicated before the end of the 2019/2020 school year.
The 5 day Immerse program includes:
- Admission to the Museum for 5 days, with access to all exhibits and add-on experiences that are included with general admission
- Dedicated classroom space and materials
- Individualized planning with Museum Education staff to select from a wide range of guided education programs and planetarium shows/live presentations that will address classroom goals and objectives
- Access to any number of 11 available artifact/specimen discovery kits and related supplementary materials
- Carousel rides
- GRPM Immerse t-shirt (teachers and students)
- Free admission to the Museum for students and families to attend the Education Showcase Event in May 2021. At this event, students are asked to share what they have learned during their week at the Museum with their family and community members. Participation in this event is required for all accepted teachers.
Orientation and preparation for teachers includes:
- Immerse Program Orientation (Mandatory)
- Tentatively scheduled for Monday, June 8, 2020
- This orientation will cover the logistics of Immerse, including descriptions of available educational programs. Education Department staff will explain programming options in more depth and provide training on utilizing the Museum to its full potential. Resources will be provided to assist teachers in planning for their week.
- Individualized Planning Session (Mandatory)
- 1-3 hour sessions will be offered on weekdays throughout summer 2020
- Teachers from the same school are encouraged to attend as a group
NOTE: All accepted applicants must be present and complete the full day program orientation and attend an individualized planning session to be accepted into the program.
Questions can be directed to Erin Koren at email@example.com