We’re thrilled to announce the GRPM will be opening July 6, with special member only days July 1-3! With our reopening, we want to ensure you have all the information you need to prepare for your visit. Things are going to look a bit different, but the fun will continue.
Preparing for Your Visit.
To ensure contactless entry into the Museum, purchase your tickets in advance – using the Tickets button at the top of the page. Our team will be able to quickly scan your digital tickets using the 6’ rule, maintaining a safe distance for both you and our team members. Please plan your visit for another time if you are not feeling well.
The GRPM team has taken many steps and precautions to limit risks associated with COVID-19 transmission in our spaces, including:
- You will see our GRPM staff wearing face masks, and visitors are asked to don them as well, unless an individual is medically unable to tolerate a face covering or is under the age of 2
- Our point of sale stations will have plexiglass to maintain social distancing
- Signage has been added throughout the building to ensure physical distancing is top of mind on your visit
- High touch point areas and experiences have been removed or augmented with additional cleaning supplies to limit the spread of germs
- Touch screen and virtual reality experiences will not be available immediately following re-opening
- Cleaning efforts have been increased in accordance with health department suggestions and regulations, including more frequent cleaning protocols
- The GRPM has installed germ killing ionization filters to our air handling units. The units, connected to the Museum’s HVAC, reduce airborne particles, control any odors and kill pathogens (including bacteria, viruses and mold)
- We ask that only one party ride our elevator at a time
- Additional hand sanitizing stations have been installed
- Locally-made face masks and hand sanitizer will be available for purchase at the Curiosity Shop
In addition to three floors of core exhibits, Bodies Revealed will be extended to Sunday, September 27!
Sean Kenney’s Wild Connections Made with LEGO® Bricks has been shifted to open this November.
Please remember that the 1928 Spillman Carousel is currently unavailable due to a major renovation project.
At this time, the Chaffee Planetarium will be closed, however please check back closer to the Museum’s opening as this may change with new information from government officials.
Shop and Eat.
The Curiosity Shop will open on July 6, following retail guidelines with limited capacity. The Museum Cafe will also reopen July 6, offering pre-packaged snacks and beverages, and will also have capacity limits.
The Museum will close July 4-5 for the holiday weekend and for cleaning. The general public will be welcomed back with normal operating hours beginning Monday, July 6.