Imagine your wedding ceremony or reception at the GRPM
Your guests will admire the beauty of this gorgeous and convenient downtown location. After the Main Event, they can take a stroll down memory lane through The Streets of Old Grand Rapids or just enjoy a memorable ride on our carousel. Our three story Galleria has a spectacular riverfront view of the lights and splendor of downtown Grand Rapids— and is within walking distance of major hotels. Both indoor and outdoor ceremony locations are available to make your day a first-class experience in the most unique setting possible.
Ceremonies can be held outdoors on our scenic South Lawn or indoors in our Meijer Theater or Planetarium. Cost for a ceremony on the Lawn or in the Meijer Theater is $1,000. Cost for a ceremony in the Planetarium is $1,500. All ceremonies include a one-hour rehearsal during GRPM hours the day before your wedding with your event coordinator and audio/visual staff (if applicable) in attendance. On the day of your wedding you can enjoy a large dressing room, perfect for putting on the final touches.
- Ceremonies may start no earlier than 6:00 pm
- Require a reception also held at the GRPM
- Ceremonies in the Meijer Theater have the option of utilizing the Wurlitzer theater organ. The organ is part of the Museum’s collection, and may be played only by authorized members of the Museum’s Organ Committee. Your event manager will make every effort to secure an authorized organist for your wedding rehearsal and ceremony. Charges for organ performance will be incorporated into your facility use invoice. Please allow 8 weeks notice if you intend to use the organ. The Museum will not be held responsible if an organist cannot be secured for your desired date.
Receptions are held on the first floor and include our impressive Galleria with dance floor, the Streets of Old Grand Rapids exhibition, the carousel and all first floor exhibits.
Capacity – 350 standing/275 seated
Rental Rates (4 hour blocks)
- $2,000 (Monday – Thursday)
- $3,000 (Friday – Sunday)
- $500 for an additional hour – Maximum 5 hours
Book your wedding reception for any date between January 2 and March 31 and receive $1,000 off your rental!
Wedding receptions may begin at or after 6:00 p.m., and the rental period may not extend past 1:00 am. The maximum rental period for a wedding reception is five hours.
Beverage service must be provided through the Museum’s Beverage Service and served in accordance with City and State liquor licensing regulations. These include cash and sponsored bars, champagne toasts, wine service with dinner, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic punch, sodas and bottled water. To assist you in your beverage planning contact Jim Ackerman. Food and beverages are permitted in all pre-approved areas only. All beverage sales are subject to Michigan sales tax and selected caterer’s service charge. All bars are to close one half-hour prior to the end of the event.
Parking for your guests is available in the Museum’s 209-space parking ramp. There is a $10 charge for each vehicle parked in the ramp. You may cover this cost on behalf of your guests or you may choose to have your guests pay for their own parking. Please contact your event manager for valet parking pricing.
Amway Grand Plaza Hotel
Ashley Avila Photography
Baker Tent Rental
The Catering Company
The Chair Cover Collection
Chiavari Chairs of Michigan
Events by I Candy
Music Host Entertainment
The People Picture Company
San Chez Bistro
Special Occasions West
The Tent Chic
The use of round tables (8-10 tops), short/tall cocktail tables, and 8-foot tables (for catering, gifts, registration, etc.) are included in the rental cost of the Museum, as well as set-up and tear down time and clean up of the Museum.
* All receptions are allowed one-half hour after the contracted end time of the event for removal of items brought into the Museum.
**All Museum rentals require a 100 person minimum for all events.
For more information or to book your group event today, please email the Hospitality Department or call 616.929.1740.